Opening Date: November 7, 2016
Closing Date: November 23, 2016
35 hrs per week
The Mission of Main Street Collierville is to preserve and enhance the Town Square Area as the Heart of Collierville; that communicates a sense of community pride, heritage, and small town wholesomeness; and provides for a successful community.
The Executive Director will supervise, direct and manage the day to day operations of Main Street Collierville’s 501(c)3 organization while implementing policies and procedures, development programs, financial management, marketing and community relations. The Executive Director will operate under the supervision of the Board of Directors within a downtown revitalization program, which promotes historic preservation and downtown economic development.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide leadership in the implementation of the Main Street Four Point Approach to Downtown Revitalization and coordinate MSC’s role in the implementation of the Town of Collierville’s 5 year development plan and 2040 plan for downtown development.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships within the community and follow up with potential members & sponsors
- Coordinate the activity and communication of the Main Street program committees and assist committee volunteers with the development and implementation of an annual plan of work. Oversee the coordination of Board and committee agenda, meetings, minutes and correspondence.
- Effectively communicate information in a consistent, organized method to the Board of Directors and other community organizations.
- Manage staff, delegate tasks, and oversee administrative aspects of the Main Street program including purchasing, record keeping, budget development, accounting, grant writing, fundraising, strategic planning, preparing all reports required by the state Main Street program and the National Main Street Center.
- Maintain a strong work ethic and a positive attitude while professionally representing Main Street Collierville.
- Reach monthly, quarterly, and annual goals for revenue, sponsorship, grants, membership as defined by the Board of Directors and Executive Committee
- Development and promotion of MSC member benefits. Represent MSC at board and committee meetings
- Grow and develop a robust MSC membership base, staff, and program operating income to reach organizational goals and capitalize on opportunities within our community
- Work in coordination with the Main Street Business Alliance to promote the revitalization of small business within the historic district
- Increase the awareness of our organization’s brand and purpose by attracting people and businesses to the district through promotional events, festivals, and annual programs
- Salary commensurate with experience.
- Paid time off (vacation and personal/sick days)
- Must be self-motivated and possess and maintain a positive professional attitude and image
- Bachelor’s Degree and (4) experience in administration, management and implementation of community &/or economic development programs. Masters Degree preferred.
- Experience working with non-profit organizations, local government, and state agencies preferred.
- Knowledge about downtown revitalization, redevelopment, finance, grant programs, sales & marketing
- Successful track record of meeting sales goals/quotas and marketing objectives preferred
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build and maintain strong professional relationships with community organizations
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal, and listening
- Enthusiastic about the role Main Street Collierville plays in the development & preservation of the downtown historic district
- Maintain a weekly work schedule to be available to the community and function within a flex schedule to meet seasonal work load requirements, maintain local community relationships
- Must possess organizational skills and be detail oriented
- Must be skilled in a variety of computer applications including Microsoft Office, Windows, internet usage, and etc.
- Ability to work in a team environment and motivate others toward a common goal
- Must be able to organize time and tasks, assess priorities, and maintain self discipline to follow through in all work assignments.
- Must be a Collierville resident.
- Must be able to pass a background check.
If you are motivated to succeed and can see yourself in this role, please submit your letter of interest, resume, and three professional references as your application. Send all resumes to email@example.com for further consideration